Ohel Moshe Synagogue
The Ohel Moshe Synagogue is one of the two remaining Jewish synagogues in Shanghai. It was built by Russian Jews in 1907, and later moved to the current address in 1927. During the Second World War, it was a place of gathering and religious services for the Jewish refugees in Shanghai. In 2004, it was listed as a Heritage Architecture of Shanghai. In 1994, the former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin visited the site of the synagogue and lefts his words of appreciation of the "unparalleled humanistic move of Shanghai people during the Second World War." In March 2007, the People's Government of Hongkou District restored the synagogue based on the original blueprints discovered in archives. The Ohel Moshe Synagogue has resumed the architectural style of the Jewish synagogue in 1928. The internal structure has been restored according to the drawings. A copy of the drawings is now placed on the first floor.